The integrative medical therapy concept is based on a combination of conventional and complementary methods in conjunction with the so-called “off-label” use of drugs taking rationale and costs into consideration.
The Leonardis Klinik offers a treatment concept tuned to the patient’s specific condition taking the whole spectrum of treatment options into account.
Some examples of our integrative individual treatment approach:1. Oncologic therapy, e.g. systemic chemotherapy, antibodies etc. according to generally acknowledged standards, entity-related and with best supportive care, combined with complementary therapies based on the results of the sensitivity test for circulating tumor cells. The substance/substance combination showing the greatest reduction of circulating tumor cells in the circulating tumor cell test is selected/tested in the chemosensitivity test.
- Combination of these therapy approaches with EECP (Enhanced External Counterpulsation) or
- with whole-body resp. loco-regional hyperthermia or
- with photopheresis to improve the therapeutic response
- Combination of this therapeutic approach with artesunate, in particular in combination with chemotherapy. In the case of artesunate (farnesyltransferase inhibitor), one of the known mechanisms of action is based on the fact that tumor cells are able to absorb and buffer more iron on intracellular level. Artesunate penetrates the tumor cells and binds the iron to a cytological compound which finally leads to the apoptosis of the tumor cells.
2. Radiation therapy (including Samarium therapy, radiosurgery / Cyberknife therapy with cooperation partners.
3. Metronomic therapy with low-dosed continuous oral chemotherapy in combination with anti-inflammatory medication including complementary therapeutics. This treatment option is designed in particular for tumors with intensive inflammatory activity.
4. Chrono-modulated therapy with adaptation of medication in line with chrono-biological (time-modulated) viewpoints with the aim of optimizing compatibility.
5. Synchronization therapy with special chamomile extract.
6. Sensitizing with Resveratrol, immune booster (nanotechnology) in combination with hyperthermia, EECP etc.
7. Vaccination therapy (e.g. dendritic cells)
8. Nutrition therapy and physiotherapy
9. Phytotherapy, homeopathy, TCM among others with acupuncture.
10. Psycho-oncology and patient coaching (basic idea of the “healing mind”).
11. Best Supportive Care (antioxidants e.g. selenium, mistletoe, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin C etc.)
12. Supplements with anti-inflammatory / antiangiogenetic effect.